Sausage & Egg Breakfast Muffins
These breakfast muffins are not your typical sugar filled muffins with fake blueberries on top (yes, I have had those plenty of times) but the muffins I am talking about are on a whole other level. These are packed with protein, veggies and healthy fats aka the perfect combination to keep you full and blood sugar balanced. Not to mention these are the PERFECT thing to meal prep so you have a quick breakfast or mid day snack! It is a new take on an old breakfast sausage scramble classic..so get ready and grab those muffin tins.
2 cups mixed veggies (I used green and orange bell peppers, red onion)
2 handfuls chopped spinach
1lb turkey breakfast sausage
2tbs coconut oil
1. Cook sausage first in pan (while chopping vegetables in mean time)
2. Coat muffin tin with coconut oil
3. Add chopped veggies and spinach to tins in even portions
4. Add sausage to tins in even portions (I had some leftovers)
5. Scramble eggs then season with salt and pepper. Then add to tin in even portions
6. Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes - 20minutes
7. Freeze some for later in the week and top with salsa and avocado!
PRO TIP: If you get sick of one flavor easily then mix up the veggies and seasonings in half the tins! Instead of spinach use basil and instead of bell pepper use broccoli. Make it your own.